North American Center for Continuing Medical Education, LLC (NACCME) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This conference is designed for physicians, nurses, physical therapists, researchers, podiatrists, and dietitians involved in wound healing or wound care issues. SAWC Fall provides attendees who study and treat wounds with state-of-the-art reviews of clinical problems and research information.
- Identify strategies for advancing wound care as a professional practice and career.
- Employ an interdisciplinary approach to wound prevention, treatment, and limb salvage.
- Illustrate the differences between acute and post-acute care services and organizations and describe how to better coordinate care across the spectrum.
- Determine when to utilize high, low, or combination compression in venous leg ulcers.
- Assess current and emerging healing techniques in wound care.
- Investigate critical elements associated with proper management of complex wound types, including atypical wounds.
- Discuss advances in wound management strategies.
- Assess the implications of reimbursement on the wound care team and the need for effective patient education.
- Explore real cases and explore barriers to wound healing, and potential interventions to overcome those barriers.
- Outline the evaluation and diagnosis of venous and arterial disease.
- Review a variety of clinical presentations and advanced interventional strategies for patients with CLI.
- Discuss the pathophysiology of peripheral arterial and venous disease and management options.
NACCME designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for the pre-conference.
13.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for the main conference.
3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for the post-conference.
This continuing nursing education activity awards 4.00 contact hours for the pre-conference, 13.75 contact hours for the main conference and 3.00 contact hours for the post-conference.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 13255 for 4.00 contact hours for the pre-conference, 13.75 contact hours for the main conference and 3.00 contact hours for the post-conference.
North American Center for Continuing Medical Education, LLC (NACCME) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. NACCME has approved this activity for a maximum of 20.75 continuing education contact hours: 4.00 continuing education contact hours for the pre-conference, 13.75 continuing education contact hours for the main conference, and 3.00 continuing education contact hours for the post-conference.
North American Center for Continuing Medical Education, LLC (NACCME), is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR credentialed Practitioners will receive 4.00 continuing professional education units for the pre-conference, 13.75 continuing professional education units for the main conference, and 3.00 continuing professional education units for the post-conference for completion of this activity/material.
CDR-Accredited Provider #HM001
Level 3 Synthesis
North American Center for Continuing Medical Education, LLC (NACCME), has been pre-approved for PT accreditation for the below states which require pre-approval. If you practice in any other state, please consult its PT Board.
North American Center for Continuing Medical Education, LLC (NACCME) has received pre-approval from the following physical therapy boards:
- California Physical Therapy: The Medical Sciences Foundation has approved this course for 20.75 continuing education hours for California physical therapists (Course Approval #: 6603).
- Florida Board of Physical Therapy: This course has been approved by the Florida Board of Physical Therapy Practice for 20.75 credits (FPTA Approval #: CE16-27655).
- Louisiana Physical Therapy Board: This course has been approved for 20.5 hours.
- Maryland Physical Therapy Board: This course has been approved for 2.0 CEUS.
- Nevada Physical Therapy Board: This course has approved this course for 1.5 Units for Nevada State Board Renewal Purposes. This course has been approved for 2.075 Unis for all other purposes.
- The Ohio Physical Therapy Association: This Course has been approved for 20.75 hours (Course Approval #16S1550).
- The Texas Physical Therapy Association: This Course has been approved for 20.75 hours (Course Approval #62015TX).
New Jersey State Board of Physical Therapy: This course has been approved for 20.75 continuing education credits. NJBPTE Approval number 2016-1203
All educational activities are accessible via a PC (Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7) or Mac (Mac OS 10.x or later) computer with current versions of the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari. Windows Media Player or compatible alternative, sound card, and speakers are required for streamed audio. The latest version of the Adobe Flash Player is suggested for video programs. A PDF reader is required for print publications. Please direct technical questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for Credit
To be eligible for documentation of credit for each session attended, participants must participate in the full activity and complete the online general survey and online evaluation form for each session by November 9, 2016. Complete the forms online; once done, participants may immediately print documentation of credit.
NACCME protects the privacy of personal and other information regarding participants, educational partners, and joint sponsors. NACCME and our joint sponsors will not release personally identifiable information to a third party without the individual’s consent, except such information as is required for reporting purposes to the appropriate accrediting agency.
NACCME maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Copyright ©2016 by North American Center for Continuing Medical Education, LLC. All rights reserved. No part of this accredited continuing education activity may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without first obtaining permission from North American Center for Continuing Medical Education.
North American Center for Continuing Medical Education complies with the legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the rules and regulations thereof. If any participant in this educational activity is in need of accommodations, please call (609) 371-1137.
*Information contained herein is subject to change without notice.